This project uses the capabilities of the gen4-uLCD-43DT to collaborate with diverse platforms such as an Arduino and HC-05 Bluetooth Module. The WS4 environment used in this project is the Visi Genie with the Genie Library used in the Arduino code.
The components controlled by the LCD are the Arduino 1 and Master HC-05 (Bluetooth Module) which sends data to the Slave HC-05 (Bluetooth Module). The Slave HC-05 then processes data to control the buggy and the servo. The servo is responsible for dropping objects such as seeds by rotating in certain angles. The 2 Stepper Motors provides displacement. The project can be easily modified for several applications which can be controlled by servos.
How it Works
- 2 HC-05 or (1 HC-05 and 1 HC-06)
- Shown below is fritzing diagram connection for the Master Arduino.
- Shown below is Fritzing diagram connection for the Slave Arduino.
- These are the program files for the gen4-uLCD-43DT.
- These are the program files for Master and Slave Arduino respectively.
Note: Download the project file here.
- Connect the display to the PC using uUSB-PA5 and a mini USB cable or using the 4D programming cable. Make sure that you are connected to the right port. Red Button indicates that the device is not connected, Blue Button indicates that the device is connected to the right port.
- Now click on the “(Build) Copy/Load” button.
- Connect the Arduino’s to the PC using the USB cable type B.
- Now click on the “Upload” button.
- Make sure to upload the corresponding program to the Master Arduino and Slave Arduino respectively.