We are planning on doing the same process with the Library Reference. We will migrate and review all the content on GitHub, gather your feedback, and finally publish it online. Stay tuned for updates on that as well!
We are glad you want to contribute to the Arduino Language Reference or the Glossary—that’s the best way to help the community!
You can contribute content directly on GitHub using their online interface. Below you can find a quick tutorial on how to do that...
You can also follow this guide by the GitHub team to learn how to edit an .adoc file and propose a file change to the Arduino team. When suggesting a change, please adhere to the guidelines described in the Reference template files.
1. If you don't have an account yet, sign up on GitHub.
2. Go to a repository on GitHub. For instance, the Arduino Language Reference in English. Select the file you want to edit by double clicking on the file tree.
3. Click on the Edit button in the upper right corner.
4. You are now ready to modify the file! Just type on it and preview your changes in the Preview tab.
5. When done with your edits, scroll to the bottom of the page, give a name to your contribution, and add an additional description. From there, simply press the 'Propose File Change' button.
6. You will be redirected to the Comparing Changes page. Make sure all your edits are correct. When done reviewing, press 'Create Pull Request.'
7. Time to create your pull request! Add any additional comments, then submit your contribution to the Arduino team for review.
8. That's it! Your edits will be reviewed and hopefully merged into the main repository. They will be available online on the temp Reference page in a few hours.
Thank you so much for your contribution!
There are two kinds of template pages:
- A single-entity page, like Loop where you will find all the information on a specific Reference term.
Migrating all the Reference on GitHub will finally allow us to support multiple languages! Thanks to Akira Tanoue, we already have quite a few pages in Japanese, which are available here if you want to contribute too.