This tutorial will show you how to make a motion-activated Camera. You can use this as a security camera, or as a party cam that takes pictures when there is motion. The pictures will be uploaded to twitter as an example and you will receive an SMS when something happens, so that you can check your account.
What do you need?
**MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE INSTALLED ALL THE 1SHEELD LIBRARIES**
Steps for creating this motion-activated camera:Step 1
- Connect your 1Sheeld to your Arduino
- Connect the Arduino to your PC
- Make sure the 1Sheeld's UART switch is open – otherwise the Compiler will give an error.
- Upload this code to the Arduino:
Step 2 (The LED)
- Edit the number to SMS yourself
Step 3 (The PIR Motion sensor)
- Connect the led to pin number 8 and, with the resistor, to ground.
- When you point the PIR motion sensor bubble away from you, to see the back with the 3 connector pins at the bottom, connect it like the following:
- The left pin needs to connect to pin number 2,
- The middle pin needs to be connected to 3.3V,
FRITZING:Step 4 (Connecting)
- The right pin needs to be connected to ground on your Arduino.
- Pair your Android device to your 1sheeld, via the 1Sheeld app, through Bluetooth
- Select the following shields:
- Twitter shield (or the Facebook shield, if you want to use Facebook. Use this code:
- Text to speech shield, if you want
- SMS shield, to be notified when something happens
Step 5 (Ready to go)
- Make sure that you are logged into all your accounts and that everything is authorized. Make a secondary Twitter account for your code.
- Make sure the code is uploaded, and wait for the LED to switch off.
- Switch the UART switch to closed, to begin communication between the 1sheeld and your phone.
- Check your Twitter account to look at the picture taken.
NOTE : Make a secondary Twitter account, and with your primary one FAVORITE the secondary one, to get notifications when something happens. When the security camera captures something and uploads it, you'll be notified. Or, use your primary account and get an SMS notification when something happens.