I will begin here with a description of my project cpm4nano - a CP/M-compatible computer based on the Arduino Nano 3.0.
Currently one (!) Arduino Nano (!) in my project:
- emulates the i8080 processor, 64 KBytes RAM+additional banks, 4 FDD;
- loads the OS CP/M and runs its programs;
- exchanges information with PC on the serial port, including uploading files to the emulator using the XMODEM protocol;
- with the help of the converter PS/2-UART allows you to enter information from the keyboard;
- displays text information on the TV screen (20 rows with 40 cols) (without jitter!).
Project in progress!
Displaying the font on the TV screen after the redesign and adding symbols of the pseudographics and Russian letters in the KOI-8 encoding:
For example, the "screenshot" of the TV screen shows the results of the DIR command and the CPU tests:
The position of the next character when displayed on the TV screen is indicated by a hardware underline cursor:
Compilation of the program TOWERS.ADA for solving the problem of the "Hanoi Tower" (output on terminal program):
Current state of project:
Detailed description (in Russian) - https://acdc.foxylab.com/node/76