This project had been made out of fun idea! It is basically just a speech recognition prototype! It was actually made with an Arduino Mega, a voice recognition module and an SD card module. Since I had been inspired by the Iron Man, I wanted to make this project sound like J.A.R.V.I.S. Hence I loaded several voice tracks that could sound exactly like it and to add the Wow factor, I just linked my DIY arc reactor, just to make the whole setup like automated with A.I. This project can totally store 80 voice commands of which 7 commands can be loaded mainstream. In future, this could really turn into an A.I just like J.A.R.V.I.S by the help of mine and other coders and makers worldwide. Hence I made this project open-source. Visit my GitHub repository to download the necessary files
Refer the schematic diagram to setup the J.A.R.V.I.S.
Once setup, now refer the following steps to make this project!!!!!!!
So before implementing J.A.R.V.I.S, you need to train the voice recognition module with voice commands.
First connect the voice recognition module (Elechouse v3.0) with appropriate wiring.
Now train the voice recognition module with the following steps.
1) Open "vr_sample_train" folder and launch "vr_sample_train.ino"
2) Select the board and port. Upload the code.
3) Now launch the Serial Monitor.
4) On the monitor, the help menu appears. Follow the instructions to train the commands.
ie. to train a voice command and name a signature for it,
sigtrain <ID no.> <Signature>
(Ex: sigtrain 0 JARVIS)
5) Now follow the schematics of the voice commands for J.A.R.V.I.S.
Command to be spoken: "Hi, what's your name?"
Command to be spoken: "Jarvis, you there?"
Command to be spoken: "Turn on the reactor!"
Command to be spoken: "I love you Jarvis!"
Command to be spoken: "Any last words Jarvis?"
6) After all the commands have been trained successfully, load all those commands by typing "load 0 1 2 3 4" on the serial monitor textbox.
7) Now simply exit the serial monitor, if you found the Voice recognition module LED is blinking red every second. Make sure you should not power off the Arduino. Let the program be in an open window.
8) Mount the SD card on your PC. Extract "VOICE TRACKS.rar" and copy all the audio files to the SD Card and unmount it. Now mount the SD card back into the SD Card Module.
9) Ensure whether all components are connected properly. Now open "J.A.R.V.I.S" folder and open "J.A.R.V.I.S.ino". Select the appropriate board and port. Now upload the code.
10) After the code upload, open the serial monitor and start speaking pre-trained voice commands.
11) Voila! You'll notice the tracks playing as per your command and the voice recognition module will work perfectly
Congrats!!!! You have made a own speech recognition prototype, precisely a prototype of J.A.R.V.I.S. Have fun on making this project, enthrall your friends with it and don't forget to contribute to my project. We could proceed this further and make a real world J.A.R.V.I.S AI that could help in IoT, cloud assistance, personal assistant and so more.
Comment down your queries below and like this project!!!! And you are most welcome to modify the codes and rediscover better versions of my project!!!!
Have a good day!!!!!