About The Project
In this project we will scavenge parts from old PC CD-Rom(s) and build a fully working CNC machine using (basically any type of) Arduino which would run on G-Code.
For more info and Arduino and Raspberry Pi related projects go to my website https://www.neuralnetworks26.com/
You can also visit our official neural networks page at: https://www.facebook.com/Neural.Networks26/
- Easydrivers by Sparkfun x 3
- (5v ; 2.1 A) Power Adapter x 1
Steps To Be Followed
- First of all you have to assemble your CD-Rom(s) so they are mutually perpendicular to each other and thus form 3 axis namely X, Y and Z.
- Now just follow the following circuit diagram to connect your Easydrivers, Motors and Arduino.
- Now open Universal G-code Sender and connect your Arduino.
- Now go to Settings > Firmware Settings > GRBL. These are the X, Y and Z Step Dimensions for my machine (yours may vary).
- Now you can browse for the G-Code (I have used InkScape to generate G-Code) file and send it to the Arduino
- Your CNC Machine should now start printing.
For a final complicated test print go to: