The purpose of this project is find the direction and intensity of the light. When we got the direction and intensity, we can make an alert in specific intensity or direction. For example if the light emission in right side then do anything that we want. this project is a part of a more complex project that will publish soon "Spy Object tracker + Radar + Status Alert"Step #1 - Materials
The list of materials needed is very simple and very cheap.
- some photo resistor (I used 5)
Step #2 - Design the System
- resistor between 25K ohms and 50K ohms it depend to the environment. if you want to use the LSS this Dark place use 25K or less , use around 37.5K ohms for indoor and use more than 47K ohms for outdoor (as many as the photo resistor. and all the resistor should be the same kind I mean never use 2 47.5K ohms and 3 37K ohms)
Step #3 - Setup the body
- Divide a circle to 5 parts and put your photo resistor there.
- Find a heavy and movable thing for the main base. Webcam bases make for a good selection.
- You can cut a cola bottle and make the head of the system.
- Divide that into 5 parts and mark them. Then cut the marked places with a hot knife.
Step #4 - Circuit
- Place the Photo resistors.
- Connect the wires like the schematic but I suggest that you do not use breadboards.
Step #5 - Design
- Just cover the connection points.
Do whatever you want. It's all about your creativity ;-)Step #6 - Upload the codes
Connect Arduino and run Arduino IDE, then upload the codes.Step #7 - Run the Application
If you want to make your own app, just comment below and get in touch with me.