Wanted to get into glass fusing and decided to build my own digital controller based on a Arduino UNO. The program has these features:
- Unlimited firing schedules stored on a MicroSD card
- Each schedule can have up to 20 segments. Each segment has its own ramp rate, target temperature, and hold time.
- Control up to 3 zones
- Fahrenheit or Celsius temperature scales
- PID loop control of heating elements
- Temperature logging to file on MicroSD card for analysis
Started by purchasing an old Knight model #82 kiln on Craigslist.
Removed the manual "Kiln Sitter" controller and one of the sections. Wound new heating elements and added them to the sides and the lid (glass does better with heat from the top).
Built a electrical box from some sheet metal.
Electric Kiln ControllerArduino
No preview (download only).