This project was inspired by my mom who nearly had a gas accident at work
This project is an improvement to the first fire alarm I made ( check it out ). I realised there were a few problems with it so I decided to improve it by adding and changing a few things.
Things I changed/ added:
1.) I added the HC 05 Bluetooth module and created an app to control it. in the first version I realized there was no way of controlling the fire alarm except manually resetting the Arduino so I created an app to switch it on, off or reset the alarm.
2.) I added an MQ 2 Gas sensor to improve flame detection accuracy and give added functionality. in the previous version you could set off the alarm with any IR source within the range the IR receiver can detect to prevent that I added a gas sensor because there's no fire without smoke. I also added the gas sensor to detect dangerous gasses like CO present.
3.) I changed the resistance value for the IR receiver from 220 Ohms to 10K Ohms. I did this to increase the sensitivity to IR light within the acceptable wavelength.
Here are a few screenshot's of the app.
The app is still a little buggy but I intend on modifying it in the future and also make the UI a lot better.
If you have any questions or suggestions on how I can make this project better please leave a comment.