In this project, I've interfaced RFID-RC522 with Arduino and sent RFID data to phpMyAdmin database. Unlike our previous projects we are not using any Ethernet shield. In this case, here we are just reading the serial data coming from Arduino and then pushing that to phpMyAdmin through one Python code. So here our device is connected to PC so that it can send data serially, you can also connect device to raspberry pi to make this project portable.
These are the software we have used for this project:
1. Arduino IDE: You can download the latest Arduino IDE from this link:
2. Installation of XAMPP server: Here we are using XAMPP server it can be used both in windows and Linux, but my suggestion is that if you are in Ubuntu( Any Linux platform) then go with LAMP. Now since we are in windows so we have preferred XAMPP server. So you can download XAMPP server from this link.
Alternatively here are the steps for LAMP server:
1. Install Apache:
sudo apt-get install apache2
2. Install MySQL:
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
3. Install PHP:
sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5
4. Restart Server:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
5. Check Apachehttp://localhost/
you will get one apache page by click this above link if you did not get it means something went wrong with your installation
Here we are using phpMyAdmin that is the web interface of MySQL server so for installing that use command: sudo apt-get install phpMyAdmin.
3. Python IDLE : As we are using Python code to push data to phpMyAdmin so you have to download Python idle, you can download the P ython tool from this link
apart from that you will also be needed some of the libraries to make it work such as pyserial and mysqldb. How to download these things, I've covered in my attached video please watch the whole video which is given below.
1) Arduino UNO: Arduino Uno is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega328P (datasheet). It has 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, a 16 MHz quartz crystal, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header and a reset button.
3) RFID RC522 Reader with Tag:There are cheap RFID modules that can read and write Mifare's tags and being sold at several web stores, like eBay and included with many "starter kits" nowadays. Simply search RFID-RC522 (MF-RC522). The microcontroller and card reader uses SPI for communication (chip supports I2C and UART protocols but not implemented on library). The card reader and the tags communicate using a 13.56MHz electromagnetic field.
Circuit Diagram of this project is given above.
You need to connect ethernet shield first as shown in above image then you need to make the rfid connection below is the connection pins for arduino and rfid reader
RFID-RC522 Arduino UNO Arduino Mega
RST 9 9
SDA(SS) 4/10 4/53
MOSI 11 51
MISO 12 50
SCK 13 52
VCC 3.3 v 3.3v
GND GND GND
IRQ is not connected
You need to install one library for rfid rc522. You can get the library from this link
You can get the source code from this github link
The whole Project Description is given in above video
If you have any doubt regarding this project feel free to comment us below. And if you want to learn more about embedded system you can visit our youtube channel
Please visit and like our Facebook Pagefor frequent updates.
Thanks & regards,