Arduino 101 Packet Radio IMU

Project showcase by Greg V and Phil V

  • 660 views
  • 2 comments
  • 2 respects

Variations on a Theme

Project tutorial by Greg V and Phil V

  • 713 views
  • 0 comments
  • 3 respects

“It’s For The Birds!”

Project tutorial by Team 101

  • 2,754 views
  • 8 comments
  • 12 respects


Replicated projects 0

 Greg V hasn't replicated any projects yet.

Arduino Dynamic Web Control

Project tutorial by phpoc_man

  • 15,949 views
  • 13 comments
  • 61 respects

ClearWalker Bluetooth Control

Project showcase by Jeremy Cook

  • 738 views
  • 4 comments
  • 2 respects

Oled Display with Arduino 101

Project tutorial by Alexis Santiago Allende

  • 1,464 views
  • 0 comments
  • 12 respects

  • “It’s For The Birds!” about 21 hours ago

    Dear fellow Hackster's, if you should come upon this thread the follow-up and result of our exchange can be found on this project write up:

    https://www.hackster.io/47954/arduino-101-packet-radio-imu-0b5bc4

    Darian, thany you! Greg

  • Arduino 101 Packet Radio IMU 1 day ago

    Darian,

    Thank you, pretty amazing coincidence and a great example of how Hackster.io helps us connect us. Can't wait to see your next project!

    Greg

  • “It’s For The Birds!” 6 days ago

    Darian,

    Thank you. We found the battery performance to be very poor and less than "environmentally" friendly even if using rechargable batteries. We never conducted actual timed expriments on this to control for weather factors and BLE transmission rates, but if we tried to run it continously for 24 hours the batteries would run out in 24-36 hours! The first lost of functionality was BLE transmission, with the rest of the functions working on the board.

    So the tedious soultion was to wait until the evening, and then pull the unit and turn it off. We considered a switch accessible through the feederor programming a sleep mode, and greatly reducing the transmission rate of environmental and feed data as we were sampling these much more than was acutal needed.

    All of these options just delay the inevitable frequent battery changes.

    After some time off to play around with other things, we have renewed our work with this project and made our first goal to convert this to a solar powered project. And our first in the house bench testing with adafruit's USB / DC / Solar Lithium Ion/Polymer charger - v2
    PRODUCT ID: 390(https://www.adafruit.com/product/390) look very encouraging!

    I think we will alos be swithcing from the Arduno 101 to the TinyTIle or perhaps even to a completly novel board like a Huzzah in order to reduce the power needs of the project.

    Thank you for your question!

    Greg and Phil

Add projectSign up / Login