ICStation Team introduce you this Photosensitive timing infrared LED control system.
This system uses DC5V voltage to work. When the intensity of light is
weak and somebody appears in the infrared area, the LED will
be on. While the intensity of environmental light is strong enough or
nobody appears in the area of infrared induction, the LED will be off.
The 4-bit digital tube will display the time. The buzzer will alarm for 20 seconds during the 24 o’clock at midnight. And from 24
o’clock to the 8 o’clock in the morning is the manual control.It is a
simple, low-cost LED control system. It is suitable for the illumination
in the area such as office, warehouse, guard room.
- When start up, the hardware initialized and the LED will flash. The 4-bit digital tube display the initialized time 23:59.
- When nobody appears in the infrared induction area, the LED will not light.
- When the intensity of environmental light is weak and somebody is appearing in the infrared induction area, the LED will light till the person leaves the infrared induction area.
- On 24 o’clock at midnight, the buzzer will alarm and the LED will switch to the manual control till 8 o’clock in the morning.
- You can set the time by the switches.
Code for your reference:
Step 1: Components list
1) ICStation ATMEGA2560 Mega2560 R3 Board Compatible Arduino
2) 830 Point Solderless PCB Bread Board MB-102 Test DIY
3) Round White Green Superbright Bulb Light
4) 5mm Infrared Emitting LED
5) TL1838 VS1838B VS1838 Universal Receiving Head
6) Active Buzzer Module for Arduino
7) Breadboard Plug Wire Cable Tire
8) 12X12X5mm Tact Switches 4 Legs
9) 1K ohm 1/4W 1% Accuracy Metal Film Resistor
10) Common Cathode 4bit Digital Tube
11) +5V DC power supply
Step 2: Schematic diagram
Step 3: Lead to the power supply line and GND
Plug the +5V power supply line and GND from ICStation Mega into the bread board. The red wire is the power supply line and the black wire is the GND
Step 4: Connection of 4-bit digital tube
According to the schematic diagram, connect the 4-bit digital tube with ICStation mega.
Step 5: The connection of the buzzer
1. Put the buzzer on the bread board
- Connect the pin 1 of the buzzer to the anode
- pin 3 of the buzzer to the cathode
- pin 2 of the buzzer to the pin 47 of ICStation Mega board.
Step 6: The connection of the infrared receiving tube
1. Place the infrared receiving tube on the bread board
Step 7: The connection of photoresistance
1.Place the photoresistance on the bread board
2.Connect the pin 1 of the photoresistance to the GND, and pin 2 of the photoresistance to the A2 pin of the ICStation Mega, and connect a 220K resistance in series.
Step 8: The connection of LED
Connect the pin 1 of LED to the A5 and pin 46 of the ICStation Mega , and connect the pin 2 of LED to the cathode.
Step 9: The connection of switches and 1K current-limiting resistance
1. Place four switches and 1K current-limiting resistance on the bread board.
- Connect the pin 1 of all four switches to
the +5V, and pin 3 to the GND
- Connect pin 2 of the hour switch to the
- Connect pin2 of minute switch to A1
- Connect the pin2 of +/-
switch to A0
- Connect the pin2 of on/off switch to A6
Step 10: The experimental effect
Step 11: Video to show the effect