This system monitors the moisture of soil and waters it by 5v DC motor based water pump when needed.
by Neeti Thakur
With the help of Raspberry Pi and Arduino I have developed a home automation system to track day-to-day activities at home.
Project showcase by Akash Kumar
For this project i purchased soil moisture sensor from amazon. It is working perfectly. you can use capacitive soil moisture sensor for better results but it is very expansive alternative.
I am providing the link of amazon from where I purchased the soil moisture sensor.
Steps to make water pump using 5 volt DC motor are as follows-
1. Take a small plastic box.
2. Make one hole in the middle of the box's cap and attach the DC motor.
3. Take a round shaped plastic plate and attach 5 small plastic plates vartically.
4. Attach it with the rotater of the DC motor.
5. Make another two holes to attach water pipes.
6. Attach 5 volt DC motor as shown in fritzing diagram with the arduino board.
If you are following the given code then connect D0 pin of soil moisture sensor to the pin 8 of the Arduino board.
Or connect with your social account:
New here? Create an account