Main target: Keep an eye on a swimming pool.
Somehow the water in a pool is becaming green. Something is wrong with the system which is supposed to keep it clean.
Main restriction: No wi-fi nor GPRS/4G communication is available. There is no power plug available either.
Thus, the only way to get the information is by saving a log file on a microSD card.
I intend to make a system capable of collecting information from the purifying system, and to save it on a microSD. Aka "pool logger".
For this first version, I will use two sensors I have got at home:
- a waterproof temperature sensor
- a sound sensor + a RTC (real time clock): to be able to know if the pump works when it is supposed to.
I tried to get all this hardware powered by a solar solution, but my solar lipo rider does not provide enough current to get the microSD card working. I had to use 6x1.5v AA batteries to power it all.
I have to mention that the sound sensor KY-038 is a crap. I am very disappointed with its digital output. You'd better get a good one.
After the first test, these were the results:
- In future versions it would be very interesting to add a pH sensor and a chlorine sensor.
- I need to get a powerful enough solar system to keep it working 24x7
- If the 'no-communications' restriction is solved, the microSD log file should be replaced for a IoT solution. This is what I want to get in a few months time. I will let you know.