This tutorial will focus on using Bluetooth and Arduino to communicate with mobile application. Bluetooth is one of the popular wireless communication technologies because of its low power consumption, low cost and a light stack.
Why did we decide to make it?
There are a lot of apps on both store Apple and Android for controlling Arduino using Bluetooth, but none of them will give you all what you need. So we decided to build a mobile application from scratch alongside with Arduino code that can give the following:
- Read & write digital pins.
- Read & write PWM pins.
- Read analog pins.
- Remember last status of the pins.
- Change the mode of the pin (Output, PWM, SERVO or Input).
- Automatic connect to Arduino.
- Rename the label of each pin.
- Terminal to send any data to Arduino.
- LCD to receive any data from Arduino.
- Assign actions when receiving data from Inputs, LCD and Analogs.