When I bought a hot water dipenser next to my coffee machine, I had two water tanks to refill again and again. Besides that, one of the tanks was difficult to detach and therefore I had to use a refill cannister. Not ideal!
With this project I solved that problem and it might as well help others to do the same or use parts of this project to their convenience.
Show case and building instructions
- Supports two watertanks simultaniously. The two tanks can be of different size (depth). The program (and your impeccible configuration ;P) will ensure you never have to refill both tanks manually ever again!
- Using state engine principles to reduce complexity and make program flow easy to understand.
- Each sensor control unit has a RGB LED and button to show and influence the program state.
- Colors of the RGB LEDs are highly configurable to suit your preference and match your coffee machines color theme.
- Both common anode as common cathode RGB LEDs are supported.
- Monitoring and debugging is highly configurable via #define parameters and by sending commands via your monitoring program Send feature.
- Monitor the control unit via your mobile device. The program support an extra software serial port which can be e.g. connected to the HC-05 Bluetooth module. Install a serial terminal Bluetooth app on your mobile device, pair with the DUO water control unit and start monitoring.
- Supports real time day/time-stamp after you send the real time to the control unit via your terminal (app).
- No additional libraries are used. Although I tried several libraries to control the HC-SR04 sensor, it did not give better results for this project.
More instructions and diagrams can be found below.