Octoblu is an Internet of Things platform that lets you manage devices, web services, and visually build interactions between them in the browser. You can create event based interactions (Sensor readings kicking off flows) or you can kick off actions via triggers, which can be fired off using Blu (mobile app) or via webhooks!Wow! That sounds cool! How do I get started? Get an Octoblu Account
Go to App.Octoblu.Com and register a free account!Flash an Arduino Compatible Board with Firmata
The Arduino IDE comes with Firmata libraries.
You can go to Examples -> Firmata -> StandardFirmata to find it.
1. Flash your board
2. Make a note of the serial port it is connected on
3. Close the Arduino IDEDownload and Install the Johnny-Five Connector
1. Login into your Octoblu Account
3. You'll be redirected to the Connector Factory
4. Follow along to Download and Install the connector for your platformConfigure Your Board
1. Click "Open In Octoblu"
2. Set "Auto Detect" to find your board automatically, or specify the Serial port
3. Add a New Component
4. Configure and name the component
5. Save!Build A Flow!
Any Control component (servo, digitalWrite, ec cetera) will show up in the Octoblu Designer as an action on your Johnny-Five thing.
Sensors (digitalRead, analogRead, MPU6050.. ) will return on the right output of the Johnny-Five node as JSON on the specified interval.Trigger your Flow!
The easiest way to remotely trigger your flows is through, well, triggers!
Here is a guide! https://octoblu-designer.readme.io/docs/trigger