An Arduino Mega controls a MIDI-data stream to 30 plates equipped with solenoids and lets them playing any sound.
Project showcase by vizulu
A clock that gets the date-time from multiple satellites and calculate the time zone dynamically.
Project showcase by Claude (science 3d)
Sorry for beeing so late with my answers:
2) I went to a thrift shop, there I found diffrent plates and with my DaTuner App on the smartfone I was able to found out the exact tone of the plate in the chromatic scale. I tuned the plate with an angular grinder by reducing the diameter of the plate, this moves it to a higher tone (to a lower tone is not possible).
3) I did many tests for finding out the right solenoid, the distance to plate, the length of the solenoid impulse, etc..
4) I used a rubber pulse damper for fixing the plates. To reduce the swinging amplitude I put e small PVC tube arround the damper.
5) I used MIDI songs from the interner, e.g. from http://midimi.org/
6) At the moment I can select two channels from the MIDI File to play on the piattuino
7) Of course a e.g. two line character display would be more comfortable, but to keep it simple, I selected this display
Or connect with your social account:
New here? Create an account